Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Facebook issues

Some of you may have already noticed that my facebook account was disabled last week. Apparently I somehow "broke the terms of use." I reviewed the terms of use (which I didn't read when I signed up...oops!) and I still couldn't find anything that applied to me. I have emailed them 3 or 4 times and still have no response as to why my account was disabled and if there is any way I can get it back. The whole thing is very frustrating. I created a new facebook account and am trying to re-add my friends. I had nearly 500 friends when my account was disabled. This could take a while to "re-find" my friends. Also, I've heard that if you add friends at too fast of a rate, facebook will think that you are spam and will disable your account. So I'm trying to add everyone back but not too it too fast to avoid being disabled again.

2 comments:

Holly-O said...

i'd be frustrated too... good luck sorting it out!

bryan said...

Yep, that same thing happened to Kristin last year....eventually they added her account back, but I think it took several months